|MMNG Cancelled for June. Maybe August?||06 May 2020|
Because of the pandemic, MMNG has been cancelled.
- The future status of Orders from the State and County Health Departments is unknown at this point. Current information is that Camp Gaea will not be open in June. The necessity of social distancing will certainly remain a reality and would strongly impact the nature of the gathering.
- All payments for the June event have been refunded.
- We are considering attempting to reschedule for August 12-16, with a potential pre-gathering beginning on August 9. We will be monitoring the situation and the various Health Department Orders, and will be looking at possibilities again in early June. Keep watching the web site and know that we will contact you when some kind of decision is made.
- In the meantime, wash your hands, wear your mask, maintain social distancing, keep your areas sanitized, take care of one another, and stay naked.
|Our Naked Chef||12 Feb 2020|
Our 2020 Kitchen Coordinator is Chef Ronnie Lee. He has always wanted to cook naked.
Here's what he has to say about himself:
My name is Ronnie Lee and I own and operate a catering business in Evansville Indiana. I have been a member of GNI off and on for 29 years. I am a chef and have been for the past 45 years. I'm curious about how I might be of help and enjoy a great week naked as well. I do all types of food!
Peace and stay naked,
He is originally from Paducah, Kentucky. His first few years were spent in Hardmoney, Kentucky, a place Lee describes as four houses and a little grocery store.
I'm the most famous chef to ever come out of Hardmoney, Kentucky,” he laughs. “I've always loved to cook and bake. When I was very little I fell in love with an Easy-Bake oven, and it’s all I wanted to do. Then my dad came to me and informed me that girls bake and boys play sports, so I played all kinds of sports and was a basketball player for the University of Kentucky. Then after school, I went back to cooking and baking.”
We welcome Ron and look forward to his delicious meals during the week.
|Monday Evening BBQ||01 Feb 2020|
Due to the enthusiastic response to the BBQ dinner the last two years, we will again be serving a dinner of pulled pork.
This will be at 6 PM on Monday night (which is before food service begins in the dining hall). The cost will be an additional $15, and you must sign up when you submit your registration.
If our vegetarian campers would like to join us we will have plenty of veggies for you but you must specify the vegetarian option when signing up.
|Policy on Pets and Service Animals||05 Oct 2019|
The only animals allowed at MMNG are authorized, trained and vaccinated service animals who provide support to the attendee on a full-time basis (as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act). Service animals must be under the control of the handler at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered at all times. Attendees planning on bringing a service animal should notify MMNG via email (Contact Us Page) prior to May 31 to register their service animal.
If an attendee arrives at MMNG with any other animal, the attendee will be directed to camp in a non-populated area of the campground (where the animal must remain), or remove/board the animal as a condition of attendance.
|Some Statistics from 2019||18 Jun 2019|
- Attendees came from 25 different states.
- Top States Represented: Missouri (19%), Kansas (18%), Minnesota (14%).
- 73% were previous attendees, meaning 27% were “newbies.”
- 46% camped in a tent, cabins housed 31% of the guys, and 23% stayed in campers, vans or RVs.
- 55% arrived on Sunday, 7% on Monday, 9% on Tuesday during the pre-gathering period.
- On Wednesday, the official opening day of MMNG, 30% of the attendees arrived.
- 42% of attendees belong to a local gay nudist group; 18 such groups were represented.
- 54% of attendees were present for the special event Monday evening.
- MMNGers come in all shapes, sizes and ages!
|Come Early, Stay Late!||07 Feb 2019|
MMNG officially runs from 9:00 am on Wednesday through 12:00 noon on Sunday, but you are welcome to arrive early or stay late. The pre-gathering period from noon Sunday through Tuesday is very popular. MMNG will have exclusive use of Camp Gaea from 8:00 am on Monday until noon on Sunday. The camp is open to other groups and individuals before and after the event.
If you arrive before Sunday or wish to stay after MMNG, check in and pay at the registration building. For the MMNG event itself, MMNG organizers will collect fees and pay Camp Gaea in turn. This year the main camping ridge is rented out to another group who has exclusive use of the ridge until noon, Sunday June 9th. While all other areas of the camp are open for camping during this weekend, MMNG campers can begin setting up on the ridge only after noon, Sunday June 9th. Please be patient as you wait for a favored campsite to open up.
You can view the Camp's website and calendar of events at gaearetreat.org. Many wonderful and interesting people camp at Camp Gaea each year. Coming early and staying late is a great way to get a feel for what camp is like outside of the MMNG event.
|Links to Local Groups||13 Feb 2017|
We are looking for links to your local male naturist group's web site and/or e-mail address that can be put on the Links page (on the Info menu). This could be of service to those who are traveling and who might want to visit your group.
If you would like to be represented there, please contact Tom, our Webmaster. His address is on the Links page.